Friday, December 18, 2009

Wanna Know a Secret?

{Meet Paulee ... Beth's younger daughter. She's absolutely enchanting and has a wonderful secret to share with everyone today!! Enjoy!!}



Want to know a secret? You can't tell.

I like cookies.

I like Granny Sue's cookies.

I want to tell you how to make cookies. Momma said no. They are a secret. I said "Don't tell me no!" And I'm going to tell you anyway. But don't tell Mommy. She'll spank me. Then I'll be mad. And have to yell at her, "Don't pank ME!" Then I'll have to go sit on my bed. And when I sit on my bed I scream. And cry. But Mommy won't come get me 'til I don't scream anymore. Then I can get down. But I'll still be mad.

So don't tell.

I found Jeffie Jean making cookies with Granny Sue and Gwynn.
She looks just like me. And she was messy!

{the next three pictures are from Christmas 2002}

I got to roll out the cookie dough. I don't get messy.


Terry helped too.


I like to lick the spoon.



So does Anderson. Doesn't Daddy have a BIG spoon?
(He likes the dough the most!)


Remember this is OUR secret!


Granny Sue's Christmas Sugar Cookies

Cookies
1/2 cup margarine
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour

Frosting
1 tsp margarine (softened)
Approx. 1/3 bag powdered sugar
Add milk to desired consistency (I like it like a this syrup)


Cream margarine and add the vanilla. Gradually add the sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add in flour until it is well blended. Chill the dough for several hours, or even overnight. Roll chilled dough 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick on a floured surface. Cut into desired shapes. Bake at 375* for 10 minutes. Do not let edges brown. Remove immediately to racks to cool. Frost when completely cool.


2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see you, sweet Paulee! Thank you for sharing Granny Sue's recipe ... I won't tell your momma!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How delightful! I wish I could give you a BIG, BIG, BIG hug, Miss Paulee Rae! Love on your Aunt Teri for me and give Granny Sue and Mommy some love, too...just from Mollianne.

    ReplyDelete