Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Crack and other addictions

Everyone has their own special family traditions ... things that make the holidays, well, YOUR OWN. And since Scott and I are no exception. One of my favorite parts of the holidays is the candy making! I'll be sharing my mom's fudge recipe on Friday as well as a few more of the yummy things I like to make and give to special friends during the holiday season. So, be sure to check back on Friday! Oh & be sure to stop by tomorrow ... my brother Tim's sweet daughter Gwynn (who will be 13 in January, which I am vigorously protesting!!) will be sharing a very sweet Christmas memory. Thanks, as always, for giving our family a portion of your day. We feel honored that you stopped by!! ~ Teri Lynne

Today I'm sharing a recipe that Casiday & I make. It has earned the name "Christmas Crack" because of its addictive nature. I say that as a warning and a promise that this stuff is so good you MUST make it!! But just make a lot!! A whole lot!!

Christmas Crack

1 package white almond bark
1 jar roasted peanuts
1/2 bag of pretzel sticks, crushed.

Melt the almond bark and add the peanuts & pretzels. Stir until well mixed. Spread or drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Wait until set ... and then prepare to eat it until you feel absolutely sick ... and then go ahead and eat some more.

Now for the said other addictions ...

We have a thing about Christmas trees.

It's a fairly serious thing.

We have a lot of them.

A whole lot of them.

Like double digit a lot.

Here are some pics ...












Here are a few ... kitchen, master bedroom, guest room (which remains Christmas all year!), and our main tree grouping ... which is three trees, a 7 foot, a 4 foot and a 3 foot.

My favorite is the one in our bedroom ... beautiful and romantic ... a perfect way to end the hectic days we seem to have throughout December.






The trees with collection of ornaments ... "Hope" and Santas.









The tree in the den ... Casiday doesn't like this one because it's half-hidden by the TV. :-)















More collection trees ... Rudolph (for Scott), Pooh (for me), and Auburn (for us all).




The police tree in memory of Scott's dad who was the Police Chief of Muscle Shoals and passed away in March 2001. The picture is of David and Casiday right after she was born.






And, Casiday Hope's tree in her room ... pretty and fun ... just like our girl!!








So there you have it ... our Christmas obsession ... candy & trees.

What about your family? What are some of your Christmas collections, "must haves", and traditions? We'd love to hear!!





























3 comments:

  1. We have a wooden Santa count down calendar and I always get the girls an Advent count down calendar with a different shaped chocolate for each day. And my Mom always sends or bring goodies (trash, fudge, cinnamon candy, caramel popcorn, venison jerky, and homeade pickles).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas Crack?! I "cracked" up when I saw the title! But I have a feeling some of this will be going to the neighborhood this year! I can see it now. It will be like Monica and the "Friends" candy episode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do candy and I have nativities in every corner of my house. over 30 in our downstairs and I haven't counted upstairs. Annie counted 12 in my office at work, and it isn't all that big. I also have at least one tree in every room (that we use), and decorate our master bathroom with trees. After being The Living Christmas Tree Coordinator for 2 years, I got a LOT of decorative Christmas Trees.

    ReplyDelete