Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Cherished Christmas Memories

{This sweet post is from Gwynn ... who will soon be 13! She recently made her stage debut as the Queen of Hearts in her school's performance of "Alice in Wonderland." Gwynn is my oldest niece ... she is the daughter of my older younger brother ... and she is one of the most amazing people I know. Gwynn loves family ... deeply. She is tender and kind, smart and hilarious! Thank you, my beautiful niece and sort of namesake - GwynndoLYNNE - I love you!! ~ Aunt Teri Lynne}

Here is our very serious Queen of Hearts ... isn't she beautiful?

My most cherished memories from Christmas are when Aunt Beth, Uncle Heath, and all of their kids come down.

I remember one year all of us kids were laying upstairs in the Snow White room, on our blow-up matresses on Christmas Eve. Everyone was really hyper... Except for me! I was WORN OUT!

So, to get everyone to go to sleep, I said:
"Hey guys!! The quicker that you go to sleep, the quicker that tomorrow morning will come!!"

and so, of course, Malc replied:
"Not really!! Morning will come at the same time that it always does!"

So I said:
"Yes, but it will seem like it will come quicker!!"

It must have worked, because about 10 minutes later, everyone was fast asleep!!

That is my most cherished memory from Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, Gwynn! You'll make your Aunt Beth & Granny Sue cry ... I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Gwynn, for sharing your memory. It will make your Bigmama very happy, too. I wish I could see you. I wonder if you've outgrown the shoe fairy?? Love you, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my sweet niece. You are one of my most cherished memories! Making you "Aunt Beth" dresses, playing games, and let's not forget the making of sugar cookies! But my most precious memory was being up in MO for Christmas, and getting to be there when you were born. You and I go back a full nearly 13 years dear. You were only a few hours old when you and I first met. And you stole a part of my heart then, and it has always remained with you. I love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The murals are long gone but the memories will stay with us forever. Does anyone remember when the walls were a blank canvass and the kids wore a garbage bag to cover their clothes and handed a paintbrush with a bucket of blue paint set in the middle of the room and told to "start painting kids"? That room was a special room just for them. Every day that I see any or all of my grandkids is Christmas Day to me! Thanks Gwynn!

    ReplyDelete