Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Daddy, Snow, & a Bicycle ... part 2

Christmas Morning!!

I slept in the "North Bedroom" and it was cold there. I was buried under several quilts, still sleeping, when there was this wonderful voice, "Charlotte, Wake up!" I poked my head out from under the cover and there was Daddy Jim, sitting on a Bicycle! Not a shinny new bike with white wall tires, just a rusty old bike. I promise you, it was the prettiest bike I ever saw… to this day I have never seen one so beautiful to me.



I was out of bed before you could say "Jack Robinson!"


Then, Daddy Jim said, "Go look out the window--"


SNOW!!! Eight inches of white fluffy beautiful SNOW! It was so bright and shinny, so clean and white, and still falling on the holly bushes.


SNOW!



Suddenly, I started for the living room.


Daddy Jim caught me, in those wonderful strong arms, and held me.

He asked me, "Where are you going?"

"My Daddy is in the living room!"


I just knew he would be! I had a bicycle and snow. Surely God had answered my whole prayer!


Then came the gentle and loving reply from my Daddy Jim, "No, he isn't. Charlotte wait! Don't you think two out of three is not bad? Your Daddy loves you very much and misses you terribly. He will be home when the time comes. Now, let's have Christmas!"


And have Christmas we did! Family, Food, Snow and a bicycle! But most of all, we had love to spare and it was one of
the Best Christmases I can remember. Somehow, I knew that Daddy would be home and we would have lots of Christmases together.....and we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment