Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Did I mention that I love this time of year?

Image from bing.com

It is another glorious autumn day here in the Heart of Dixie and as I looked out my bedroom window this morning, I saw some exciting changes of color in my yard.
Once again, my cheeks were cool and the air was crisp as I walked to the car. The hymn “For the Beauty of the Earth” has been in my heart and on my lips all day long.

It is just the sort of day that makes me so grateful for the senses of sight, smell, and touch. There is a glory in the colors as they change delight my eyes. The fragrance of apples and cinnamon and pumpkins is such a treat. The feel of a leaf that I pick up to examine is luxurious.

Today, I want to celebrate God’s bounty and share with you a wonderful recipe that satisfies my senses of sight, smell and touch. May you ‘taste and see that God is good’ today.

~Mollianne

Fried Apples (from Cracker Barrel)

6 tart apples, sliced

1 tsp Lemon juice

¼ cup Bacon drippings

1/3 cup brown sugar

1/8 tsp. salt

1 tsp. Cinnamon

1 dash nutmeg

In a large skillet, melt bacon drippings. Pour apples evenly over skillet bottom. Sprinkle lemon juice over them, then brown sugar, then salt. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes until apples are tender and juicy. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.

(You won’t be sorry you made these…I promise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment