Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Laundry is NOT For Sale!

As life "marches on" there are moments when of every emotion. Today was a stellar day, a chuckle moment.


I do love hanging clean clothes outside to dry. I have two very sturdy and fine wooden racks to hang clothes outside, and I hang shirts and skirts on coat hangers on the car port gutter. They flutter in the breeze and I have to admit, give me satisfaction.

This particular morning, I was putting my "undies" [as Mama said] out to dry and an unfamiliar van pulled in the driveway. The lady who got out with a "Good Morning" was a total stranger to me.

I smiled and said, "Beautiful Day!"

She was very happy and came toward me with, " Are these racks as well as the clothes for sale too?"

I just dropped my jaw with real surprise I said, "Goodness, these are my clean clothes--and no ma'm! They are NOT for sale!"

Believe me, she was not only shocked, she was also embarrassed and I just had to laugh.

I am very proud of those racks, and they would not be for sale at all. Not ever! There are no others like them that I have ever seen. I have two daughters who would like them...and they aren't getting them any time soon, I hope.

I will continue hanging out my laundry. My sheets and blankets and table cloths on the neighbor's clothes line, the rest on the racks or the gutter but note this---

THEY ARE NOT FOR SALE!

Now, I was not in a good mood that morning. I was mourning the death of a good friend and I was not rejoicing in the very real joy of her Home Going. So, Our Father put a smile in my way to teach me that everything and everyday has something that will cheer and something that makes a chuckle.

Thank God for Chuckes!!!

Would you believe----that another couple come up to "buy" my stuff...

BUT…this time, it was really good. Jack and his wife! Jack and I went through high school together, and I have not seen them lately. It was a good visit.

I told them I am sorry that nothing I have is for sale right now. The sale is one block down and I was sorry they had a false stop.

Jack said, " I'm glad we stopped. It would not have been so much fun!"

What a Day!!!!!!!

Image: iStock photo/Mike Flippo Photography via. Bing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment